Mobile IconClick to Call
NorthGroup Insurance Services, Inc

13903 S Old Statesville Rd
Huntersville, NC 28078

Get Directions IconGet Directions

3824 Barrett Dr, Ste 101
Raleigh, NC 27609

Get Directions IconGet Directions

Which Is Better Comprehensive of Collision Coverage?

Choosing the right type of insurance coverage for your vehicle can be confusing. While you want to save money, you need to protect your investment as much as possible in case an accident occurs. If you live in the Raleigh, NC area, you can call Young Insurance Associates Inc if you have questions about what collision and comprehensive forms of coverage.

Collision Coverage

Collision insurance will only cover damages received during a collision. This is basically accident insurance that covers damages to the exterior of the car if it is involved in any type of accident that involves a collision with another vehicle or an object. In some cases, if the dollar amount of the damage exceeds the value of the vehicle, the insurance adjuster will declare the vehicle a total loss.

Comprehensive Coverage

Comprehensive insurance coverage is often required by lenders who hold a lien on a vehicle. This ensures that their investment is protected as long as the buyer owes money. A comprehensive insurance policy covers all types of loss including broken windshields, hail damage, theft, vandalism, and collision. While this type of policy is more expensive, it provides full coverage for events that occur more frequently than a collision.

The agents at Young Insurance Associates Inc encourage their clients to get a policy evaluation every few years to determine if their insurance needs have changed. If your vehicle is old enough, comprehensive insurance may not be needed. In some cases, a PL/PD policy may suffice. If you live in Raleigh, NC or any of the surrounding communities, contact your insurance agent and schedule an appointment today! They will make sure you have a policy in place that best suits your needs.